The accumulation of subcutaneous fat or excess fat in the chest area can enlarge the breast tissue in males and create the appearance of man boobs.
This condition is also known as gynecomastia. And it is often caused by an imbalance of estrogen and testosterone hormones in boys and adult males.
It is normal because it happens in 40 to 60 percent of males, so you’re not alone here.
The good news is that it isn’t a serious problem. You can reduce your chest fats by implementing the right things in the right ways.
For example, doing consistent cardio and strength exercises, consuming a restricted diet, and taking supplements can help you lose chest fat quickly.
Let’s discuss the three natural ways to lose chest fat.
1. Eat the Right Foods to Lose Chest Fat
Nutrition plays a key role when it comes to reducing body fat. Usually, higher consumption of carbohydrates and fats can create fat storage in the overall body, including the chest area.
And if you lower your carbs and fat consumption, your calorie intake will certainly go down, which assists you in losing weight and lowering your chest fat too.
And when it comes to restricting your calorie intake, consuming lower-calorie food is crucial.
The consumption of high-protein, low-calorie foods can help you lose weight gradually as well as increase or maintain muscle mass.
I’ve listed some food names that you can incorporate into your diet.
The Best Foods to Reduce Chest Fat
Broccoli is a low-calorie vegetable that contains only 35 calories in 100gm but provides a lot of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It also helps lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar and enhances cardiovascular health.
Chicken is a low-calorie, high-protein food that gives you great nutrition for your body. 100gm of chicken contains just 165 calories but provides 30 grams of protein. It’s low in fat and calories, making it a good choice for people who want to lose weight or maintain their ideal weight.
Tuna is a highly nutritious food that contains only 116 calories per 100gm. It is an oily fish that contains Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin D. Studies have shown Tuna fish lower bad cholesterol, maintain blood pressure, and helps maintain weight.
Oats may contain more calories than the above foods, but they are highly nutritious. Raw oats contain 300 calories in one cup, mostly from carbs, and have zero fats. Eating oats control cholesterol, lowers blood sugar levels, provides antioxidants, gives you a feeling of fullness, and helps control consumption.
Salmon is a great source of vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, and other major sources of nutrition. The cooked salmon contains 170 calories, most of which comes from protein (26gm) and healthy fats. Several studies suggested that consuming salmon helps in weight loss. So you can also include this food if you want to reduce chest fat.
Green veggies are filled with micro-nutrients, and they must be present in your diet. They provide essential minerals and vitamins that help you maintain a good weight. Eating veggies also fill your stomach for a longer period and restrict your calorie consumption.
Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, tangerines, limes, and grapefruit are low in calories and a rich source of vitamin C. Several studies suggest that eating citrus fruits is linked with weight loss. So including citrus in your diet may help you reduce chest fat too, but please take care of the amount of consumption.
The antioxidants present in green coffee extracts may have the potential to help with weight loss- according to studies based on short-term results. You can also include it in your diet to lower body fats.
Low-fat Greek yogurt
it is low in calories but rich in other important nutrients such as proteins and minerals. Eating Greek yogurt support weight management and help you to be in a calorie deficit.
Beans are also important foods for weight loss and may help you control weight. Kidney beans, black beans, peas, and lentils are essential beans you can incorporate into your restricted diet.
2. Exercises and Workouts to Reduce Chest Fat
Exercise is important when it comes to reducing fats and shredding muscles. For example, you can do moderate to high-intensity aerobic exercises and weight training to lower weight, including your chest fats.
Bodyweight High-intensity Interval Training
High-intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a great way to torch significant calories and accelerates fat loss.
Doing HIIT keeps your metabolism high, burns calories even after hours of training, enhance endurance, keeps you active, and helps you reduce body fats.
Bodyweight exercises such as push-ups directly work on pectoral muscles and may reduce fat and strengthen and rip your chest.
To perform push-ups:
Get into a high plank position with arms straight below your shoulders. Keep your core tight and back as straight as possible. Now, bend your elbows and lower your chest until it reaches close to the floor. And then press back to return to the start. That’s your one repetition.
Maintaining a proper form, try to perform as many reps as possible at your maximum heart rate in 30 to 45 seconds, followed by 30 seconds of rest.
Repeat this pattern as many times as you like. Moreover, try to perform different push-up variations for the chest, especially the incline and feet elevated pushup.
More examples of high-intensity bodyweight exercises:
Weight Training for Chest Fat Loss
High-intensity exercises help you lose overall fats, while a specific strength workout helps build strong chest muscle.
Here are top five chest workouts:
1. Bench Press on Smith Machine
- Lie on a flat bench with your chest under the bar.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and grab the bar with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Keep your core tight, inhale, and press the bar upward until your arms are partially straight.
- Hold for two seconds, and then lower the bar to the starting position. That’s your one rep.
- Do as many reps and sets as you can.
2. Decline Bench Press
- Start with lying on the decline bench (30 degrees), grab the bar with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Inhale and press the bar upward until your arms are straight. Hold for a couple of seconds, then lower to the start.
- Make sure your core is tight and your chest engaged throughout the movement.
- Do as many reps and sets as possible.
3. Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
- Lie on a 30-45 degree incline bench, holding a dumbbell in each hand at your chest level look upward.
- Brace your core, take a breath and press the dumbbell over your chest. Hold for a second, and then lower the weight back to the start.
- Focus on your upper chest muscle during the entire movement.
- Try to perform as many reps as possible.
4. Dumbbell Pullover
- Holding a dumbbell (inner part) with your hands, lie on a flat bench, and keep your arms straight just behind your head. That’s the starting position.
- Slightly lift your lower back off the bench, inhale and pull the dumbbell over you until it comes directly over your chest.
- At the top, Squeeze your chest and then return the dumbbell to the start.
5. Cable Machine Upward Chest Fly
- Set the rack to the lowest section and attach D handles. Holding the handle in each handstand in between the cable machine in the split stance.
- Keeping your back flat and core tight, pull the cable upward until your arms directly reach your chest level.
- Keep your elbows close to your body throughout the movement. And make sure to engage your chest muscle.
- Do as many reps as you can.
3. Losing Chest Fat Through Supplements and Medication
Fat loss supplements accelerate the weight loss process by boosting metabolism, decrease the urge of eating more, and restrict calorie consumption.
It works more efficiently when you properly do your exercise and maintain proper amount of macros.
The fat burners may not even work when you eat more calories than your body releases during the day.
Here are some supplements you can try to lower fats. These supplements contain a high amount of natural ingredients that help you lose fat safely.
1. Fast Burn Extreme
Fast burn extreme is a unique multi-component fat burner that boosts the fat-burning process, increases metabolic rate, reduces hunger, prevents fat storage, reduces cholesterol, and reduces chest and other areas of fat.
2. Keto Actives
Keto active is simply a dietary supplement that speeds up the weight loss process, boosts metabolism, controls appetite, regulates blood sugar, and reduces cholesterol. Including this in the ketogenic diet stimulates the weight loss process and helps you lose chest fat.
3. Cappuccino MCT
The Cappuccino MCT coffee is a weight loss drink that comes with slimming properties and healthy fat that restrict calorie consumption and reduce feelings of hunger so that you can stay in a calorie deficit and lose weight.
4. Green Coffee 5k
The Green Coffee 5k contains green coffee extracts that promote weight loss and allow you to achieve noticeable results without leaving you feeling empty.
5. Green Barley Plus
Green Barley Plus contains slimming and cleansing properties that escalate the presence of an important ingredient – Garcinia Cambogia. These two substances make a powerful fat burner that restricts calorie consumption, gives you a feeling of fullness and helps you speed up weight loss.
When Should You See a Doctor?
You should consult a doctor when you see no results, even after restricting your calorie consumption and working out properly.
The doctor may probably suggest medication, exercise, and nutrition. And the good thing is, you’ll be under his guidance, and that can work for you, but it can cost some money.
A Quick Overview
The accumulation of excess fat in the chest area can enlarge the breast tissue in males and create the appearance of man boobs.
It is normal and happens in many males and if you’re one of them, you can try the following things to lower your chest fat naturally and gradually.
1. Reduce carbohydrates and fat intake as they are highly responsible for creating fats in your body. Instead of them, low-calorie foods such as broccoli, chicken, tuna, vegetables, oats, yogurt, green veggies, etc. Reducing overall calorie intake throughout the day and staying in a calorie deficit may help you decrease chest fat.
2. Perform HIIT cardio and weight training to increase weight loss. HIIT has many benefits, including fat loss, muscle building, strength development, and conditioning.
3. If you consistently exercise and eat a restricted diet, you can take fat loss supplements to lose chest fat.