Staying fit and active all day is the utmost importance for everyday’s life. An active person performs better in everything such as in study or at work. That’s why people search for different ways to stay fit and active at home.
Here are five simple ways that help you stay active while staying at home
- Other home Activities (Clean Your House, Cook at Home,
The First and the Most Efficient Way to Stay Active at Home is Exercise
Exercising in the morning is a great way to stay active throughout the day. But you can not do varieties of exercises at home because of less space and lack of equipment such as dumbbells, barbells and gym machines. However, you still have different types of workout to do at home. And the most important thing you do not require is much space and equipment. So, let’s find out what exercises and how to do them at home.
Squats has also different types and all are the great exercise not only for our legs but also for our whole body. Many fitness experts and trainers suggest doing squats when you don’t have much time to workout.
Doing squats has many benefits such as; they strengthen muscles and joints, reduce lower body fats, burn more calories, make your stronger and powerful. Daily 50 to 100 squats are ideal for anyone.
Squats mostly effective for your leg muscles mainly- quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves. Additionally, it also helps in building your core and strengthening your other muscles of your body.
You can perform more leg exercise at home; such as:
- Side Lunges
- Single-Leg Hip Raise
- Box or table Squat Jumps
- Single-Leg Hip Raise
- Walking Single-Leg Straight-Leg Deadlift Reach etc.
2. Jumping Jacks
Jumping-jacks is one of the efficient workouts that work for the whole body. You can do this almost anywhere and anytime. It especially works on the glutes, quadriceps and hip flexors. However, it also works for your heart, lungs, and muscles at the same time. Doing 2-5 minutes jumping jacks are best for everyone.
Jumping jacks increase heart rate and improve blood flow system. This is one of the best ways to warm up your body before doing the workout.
It has many benefits such as it improve heart-health, maintain blood pressure, increase stamina and improve overall health. It also makes you feel active throughout the day.
This is one of the basic exercises that we always do anywhere we want. Push-ups work on many muscles at a time such as the chest, shoulder, biceps, triceps, core and the back. It also helps in building your good body posture. Avoid this exercise if you are suffering from shoulder, wrist, or elbow injury. 50 push-ups are useful for anyone.
Push has many variations that work on the different muscles group. For example, diamond pushups work on your recipes, feet elevated pushups work on the shoulder and arms etc.
There are many types of push-ups listed below you can do alternatively :
- Diamond Push-ups
- Off the wall push-ups
- Rotational push-ups
- Single-arm raised Push-ups
- Clapping push-ups
- Single-leg raised push-ups
- Pseudo planche
- Knee to chest push-ups
- Corkscrew push-up
- And many more
As you can see there are many forms of push-ups; So, you can try all of them on different days if possible.
4. Abs and Core workout
Abs is the most beautiful part of our body part. It takes a great effort and dedication to build abs. It also requires regularity to maintain abs. Doing an abs workout at home is more accessible than you might think. It is efficient and effective. Abs workout doesn’t have to require a much of space or fancy equipment. Basically it is effective for the core.
Abs workout is not a piece of cake for everyone because It requires a lot of strength and stamina. Although there are many exercises you can do at home for abs but I am going to list a few of them:
- Crunches- 20 to 30 reps
- Reverse Crunches- 20 to 30 reps
- Plank- 1-2 mins
- Side plank (both sides)- minimum 1 min each side
- Mountain Climbers- 20 to 30 reps
- Russian twist- 1 min
- Toe touching- 15 to 20 reps
- Bicycle Crunch- 12 to 20 reps
- Single-Leg Jackknife- 10 to 20 reps
This list is not a complete one but these are very effective ones which you can do at home. You can also discover or create your own exercise for abs.
5. Skipping ropes
Skipping ropes or jumping ropes is one of the best parts of HIIT exercise. This exercise is beneficial for the whole body. Almost all athletes, boxers, cricketers and soccer players love this exercise and regularly do this. This exercise is calorie burners and helps you a lot in reducing body fat.
There are many benefits of jumping ropes. Here are the most important ones:
- Skipping ropes normally enhances your coordination. This will keep your focus on your feet. Whether you’re paying attention to them or not, your brain is conscious about the movement of the feet.
- This will help you to burn more calories.
- Jumping ropes improve your performance and it will increase your stamina.
- According to the experts of American College of Sports Medicine. Jumping ropes helps to improve your Cardiovascular Health and Breathing Efficiency
6. The Second way to stay fit at Home is Yoga or Stretching
Yoga is an ancient time exercise. It is famous all over the world. It does not require much space; you just need a bit more space than to your height. Yoga helps to prevent many diseases such as cancer, heart disease etc.
Types of Yoga exercise you can do:
- Dolphin Pose
- Extended Side Angle Pose
- Four-Limbed Staff Pose
- Upward Bow (Wheel) Pose
- Upward-Facing Dog Pose
- Revolved Triangle Pose
- You can check more Yoga forms Here
Yoga has many scientifically proved benefits; such as:
- Yoga helps in making your whole body flexible.
- Yoga helps in building muscle strength.
- It increases your blood flow.
- when you perform yoga, by and large, you feel more happiness inside you because it gives you positive vibes to your inner soul.
- If you are having any blood pressure related problem either high or low; yoga helps to maintain your BP level.
- Yoga increases your breathing power. It helps you to breath more comfortably.
ALSO READ: WHAT’S THE BEST TIME TO WORKOUT?
Stretching is also as important for a well-rounded fitness routine as strength and cardio work. If you include some stretching exercises in your workout plan. So it will definitely help you improve flexibility; reduce tightness, and ultimately, make your workouts more efficient and safe. Stretching a bit challenging and takes a lot of time, but for your body flexibility, It is important. By doing stretching exercise you can eliminate chances of injuries.
You can perform stretching around 10 to 15 minutes. Here are some types of exercise that you can perform at home:
- Standing Hamstring Stretch
- Lunge With Spinal Twist
- Figure Four Stretch
- Lunging Hip Flexor Stretch
- Knee to Chest Stretch
- Extended Puppy Pose
- Standing Quad Stretch
- And many more
3. Meditation is the Third Thing You can do For staying Mindful and active
Brain exercise is as important as physical exercises and the mediation in the early morning is the best way to boost your brain health.
Meditation is a method for relaxing the mind and attaining a state of sub-consciousness which is totally different from the worldly life.
The simple method for practicing mediation is controlling your mind from thinking worldly things and instead focusing in the inner soul.
Here are the simple steps you can follow to practice meditation:
- Sit on the floor with your legs are bent and place your hands on your lap or at your sides.
- Keep your back straight, head up and eyes closed.
- And now start breathing as deep as you can and start focusing mentally on each muscle group one by one starting from the top of your head to toes.
- As you focus on a different part of the body, notice which parts feel relaxed or tense, light or heavy, comfortable or uncomfortable.
- Repeat this process again and again and observe how your body feels right now, in the present moment.
The duration of the mediation depends on your ability to focus. It could be 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes and more than that. If you’re a beginner start with the short duration yoga such as five to ten minutes.
The meditation benefits include:
- Reduce Stress
- Decrease negative thoughts.
- Improve the ability to think positive.
- Increase self-confidence.
- Improve focus and
- Maintain an active lifestyle.
There are also different types of mediation, you should most of them and then do what suits you the most.
The fourth thing you can do at home for staying active is dancing. Dancing is the hobby of most people and they love to shake their hands, feet and entire body whenever they listen to songs and music.
Here are some important health benefits of dancing:
- Improve heart and lungs health.
- Enhance muscle strength, stamina and motor fitness
- Improve aerobic fitness
- Increase muscle tone and strength
- Heightened physical confidence
- Enhance general and psychological wellbeing
- Improve bone density and reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Develop better coordination, agility and flexibility.
Different Type of Dance You can Do at Home
- Belly dancing
- Tap dancing
- Ballroom dancing
Do whichever you like and stay fit and active.
5. Other useful home Activities
Different household activities like cleaning, sweeping, cooking etcetera are also some of the best ways to burn calories at home. Doing household activities not only keep you active but it will also reduce the load of your wife, maid or house manager.
If you perform workout regularly at the gym so I recommend you to exercise at home at least thrice a week. Because if you stop your workout many physiological changes occur inside your body. You started to lose the cardiovascular gains that you’ve made; for instance, your heart’s capability to pump blood more efficiently, your digestive capability to use carbohydrates for fuel, and your muscles’ enhanced potential to process oxygen etc.
You’ll be starting to feel looseness in your muscles, and reduction in body mass. Your level of blood pressure will be starting to change; and your body converts sugar into fat rather than using it as energy to power your movements.
However, you won’t feel these changes just after a week or two. It takes normally 1 to 3 months depending on your physique.
Do any kind of activity that keeps you active throughout the day, week or month. Exercising, yoga, stretching, meditation, dancing and home activities are the best five things you can do at home that keep you active and fit.