Wondering how to build tricep muscles with resistance loop band exercises at home? If yes, then this article is for you. Here I’m going to share how to do resistance band tricep extension and pushdown exercises at home with and without attachment for strong arms.
Triceps are three-headed muscles located on the back of your arms and larger than biceps. The three heads are the long head, medial head, and short head. And the resistance band triceps workout targets all of them and increases mass as well as tone muscles.
How to Build Triceps with Resistance Band Workouts?
In myriad ways, you can do a resistance band tricep workout to build and tone your arm muscles, such as standing triceps pushdown exercise, seated tricep overhead extension, etc. Below is the list of best tricep workouts you can do with a resistance band workout at home. Check it out and I hope they’ll be useful for you.
Resistance Loop Band Triceps Exercises (No Anchor)
1. Standing Reverse Tricep Pushdown with Loop Band
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart holding a resistance loop band in your hand.
- Grab one end of the band with your right hand and keep your arm vertically straight toward the ceiling.
- Grab the other end with your left hand at your stomach level with your elbow bent.
- Contracting your triceps, push the band down toward the floor until your triceps fully activated.
- Hold for a second or two and then return to start and repeat for the desired number of times. Suggested: 12 reps * 3 sets
2. Loop Band Crossover Triceps Pushdown Extension
- Stand upright in the hip-width stance, anchor the one end of the loop band to your left shoulder and grab the other end with your right with a neutral grip hand at your stomach height.
- Keeping your back straight and core tight, push the band across the body towards your right hip until your triceps muscle fully engaged.
- Hold at the bottom and squeeze triceps for a couple of seconds and then return to start and repeat for the desired number of times.
- Recommended: 12 reps * 3 sets
3. Standing Triceps Kickback with Resistance Band
- Stand straight in the normal position, holding one end of the band with your right hand at your chest height, and keep your arm straight and elbow slightly bent.
- Bend your elbow and grab the other end with your left hand with a neutral grip. And squeezing your triceps, pull the band backward until your arm is fully straight, hold for a second and then return to the start. That’s one repetition.
- Do as many repetitions as you like.
4. Resistance Band Overhand Triceps Pushdown Extension
- Stand straight with your feet together, holding the one end of the band with your right hand, and keep your arms straight above your head level (toward the ceiling).
- Bend your elbow and grab the other end firmly with an overhand grip at your stomach height.
- Keeping your back straight and core tight, push the band until your triceps muscle fully engaged.
- Hold and squeeze triceps for a couple of seconds and then return to start and repeat for the desired number of times.
- Perform as many reps and sets as you can.
5. Seated Tricep Overhead Extension with Resistance Loop Band
- Start with sitting on your knees with your legs folded are folded under you and toes are facing opposite to your body.
- Hold the one side of the band with your right hand behind your back by bending your elbow and the opposite with your left hand just behind your head. Your elbows flare out to the side in the opposite direction. That’s the starting position.
- Keeping your back flat, extend your left arm overhead until it your triceps entirely engaged.
- Hold and squeeze for a second or two and then return to start.
- Repeat the same steps for the desired number of times.
6. Resistance band Narrow Push-up
- Sitting on your knees, wrap the band around your back just under armpits with gripping both ends with your hands.
- Get into a high plank position and make sure the band is fixed firmly under your hands on the ground. That’s your start.
- Bend you elbows and slowly lower your chest toward the ground and then press back to starting position. That’s one rep.
- Do as many reps and sets as possible.
- Try engaging your triceps during the movement.
Seated Tricep Exercises with Resistance Loop Band
1. Seated Triceps Pulling out extension
To perform this move,
- Start with sitting on a chair with your feet planted on the ground.
- Firmly hold the ends of the resistance mini band with your hands.
- Keep your arms straight in front of you to your chest height. This is your starting position.
- Maintain flat back, chest up and pull the band out to the side until your Tricep muscle fully engaged.
- Hold for two seconds and then return to starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of sets and reps.
- Focus on Tricep contraction throughout the move.
2. Kneeling Triceps Kickback Resistance Band
- Anchor the band to something and put a bench in front of it.
- Keeping your right foot on the ground, place your left knee on the bench.
- Holding the band with your right hand with a neutral grip, lean forward your torso and maintain a flat back.
- Engaging your triceps, pull the band behind as you kick your hand backward.
- Hold and squeeze for a moment and then return to the start. That’s one rep for a right arm.
- Try to perform three sets of ten reps each on both sides.
3. Resistance Loop Band Seated Overhead Tricep Extension
- Attach the band behind you just above your head height.
- Sitting on a chair, grab the band firmly with your hands with a neutral grip. This is your starting position.
- Engaging the Tricep muscles, extend your forward until they are straight.
- Hold for a couple of seconds and then return to start.
- Do three sets of 10 to 15 reps each.
4. One-arm Seated Resistance Loop Band Tricep Pushdown
- Anchor the band to a higher object and sit on a chair with your feet flat on the ground.
- Grab the other end of the band with an overhand grip with your right hand.
- Keeping your back straight, push the band downward until your triceps are fully engaged.
- Hold and squeeze for a couple of seconds and then return to start.
- Do as many reps and sets as possible.
Do Resistance Band Triceps Workouts Build Muscle?
Yes, doing tricep exercises with resistance loop band strengthen and tone triceps muscle and increase overall arm strength. A study suggested that training with elastic resistance band promote similar strength gains to conventional resistance training.
But, bodybuilding is all about the proper application of exercise and diet. If you’re disciplined, punctual, and consistent, you can build an attractive and strong physique.
Where to Buy The Best Resistance Loop Band for The Triceps Workout?
The most common platform to buy the best loop band triceps exercises is Amazon. Resistance loop bands are really effective equipment to train with as they are cost-efficient, affordable and effective, and compact to use.
Things to keep in mind while buying resistance band:
Note: If you buy resistance band using link on this post, then as an Amazon addiliate, I will be eligible to earn small amount of commission without costing any extra money to you.
Intense 5 Minute Resistance Band Tricep Workout
When you have only 5 minutes to do a resistance band triceps workout, then the training needs to be intense and without rest to get the best result.
Here is the 5-min intense resistance band triceps workout
|Standing Reverse Tricep Pushdown||10|
|Crossover Tricep Pushdown Extension||10|
|Resistance Band Narrow Push-Up||15|
|Kneeling Tricep Kickback Resistance Band||15|
|Resistance Band Seated Overhead Tricep Extension||10|
Since you’re here, check out more articles on triceps: