If you’re looking for a free, easy-to-follow, and effective workout program that can beef up your biceps, triceps, and forearms and help build muscular and sizable arms, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, I’ve shared an ultimate 12-week arms workout routine that includes the workouts of popular fitness professionals like Jeff Cavaliere, Arnold, Abel Albonetti, and Kai Greene.
This routine is suitable for all fitness enthusiasts, from bodybuilders to typical fitness freaks.
From males to females and beginner to pro, anyone can use this program to build burly, toned, and defined arms.
Here’s the outline of the 12-week arms workout program:
- Week 1 – Arnold Arms Workout
- Week 2 – Jay Cutler Arms Workout
- Week 3 – Jeff Nippard Arm workout
- Week 4 – Athlean X Arms Workout
- Week 5 – Calum von Moger Arm workout
- Week 6 – Kai Greene Arms Workout
- Week 7 – Chris Bumstead’s Arms Workout
- Week 8 – Mountain Dog Arms Workout
- Week 9 – Abel Albonetti Arm Workout
- Week 10 – Hunter Labrada Arm Workout
- Week 11 – Phil Heath Arms Workout
- Week 12 – Flex Lewis Arm Workout
Instructions to Follow the Program Properly
Suitable workout schedule for a dedicated arms workout day
It is best to schedule your arms day between the leg and shoulder workouts. This will avoid movement repetition and allow you to train your arms effectively. For example, you can follow this split to train your biceps and triceps effectively.
- Monday – Chest
- Tuesday – Legs and Core
- Wednesday – Shoulders
- Thursday – Arms
- Friday – Glutes and Core
- Saturday – Back
- Sunday – OFF
If you follow the above split, you’ll have a specific arms day on Thursday. Moreover, your triceps and biceps will also work as secondary muscles on your chest and back day.
If you follow upper/lower, PPL, or full-body split: You can split biceps and triceps exercises into multiple parts and fit them into your training program to do them throughout the week. For example, you can divide six exercises into two parts and do them on two different days.
Warm-up before lifting
It’s always best to start your weight training after performing 5 to 10 minutes of dynamic stretching and light cardio. The warm-up increases heart rate, improves performance, and minimizes the risk of injuries.
Feel free to adjust the sets, rest time, and reps to suit your fitness level.
12 Week Arms Workout Routine for Strength and Mass
Let’s see how you’ll train your arms every week to grow your biceps and triceps.
Week 1 – Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Arms Workout
|1||Incline Dumbbell Curl||Triceps Pushdown||8-10||4|
|2||Alternating DB Curl||One-arm Overhead Extension||10||4|
|3||Preacher Curl||Lying French Press||10||4|
|4||Concentration Curl||Reverse Triceps Pressdown||8-10||4|
|5||Reverse Preacher Curl||Barbell Wrist Curl||10-12||4|
Week 2 – Jay Cutler Arm Workout Routine
|Triceps Rope Pushdown||10||3||1-min|
|Parallel Bar Dips||10||3||1-min|
|Lying French Press||10||3||1-min|
|Close Grip Bench Press||10||3||1-min|
|Straight Bar Pushdown||10||3||1-min|
Week 3 – Jeff Nippard Arm Hypertrophy Workout
The Jeff Nippard arms hypertrophy program includes 19 weekly exercises for the biceps and triceps each.
Day 1 – Arm Day
|Close Grip Bench Press||3||6-8||3-min|
|Machine Preacher Curl||2||12-15||1-min|
|Standing EZ Bar Curl||4||6-8||3-min|
|Bayesian Cable Curl||3||12-15||1-min|
|Overhead Rope Triceps Extension||2||12-15||1-min|
|Forearm Wrist Curl||3||15-20||1-min|
Day 2 – Supplemental Arms Workout
|Dumbbell Concentration Curl||3||8-10||2-min|
|Incline Dumbbell Curl 21’s||2||7+7+7||90-sec|
|Weighted Dip (Close Grip)||3||12-15||2-min|
|1-arm Overhead Cable Extension||2||15-20||1-min|
|Reverse Grip Forearm Wrist Curl||3||15-20||2-min|
Day 3 – Supplemental Arms Workout
|Close Grip Bench Press||3||8-10||3-min|
|Medicine Ball Pushup||2||8-10||1-min|
|Preacher Death Curls||2||6-8||90-sec|
Week 4 – Athlean X Arms Workout Routine
Note: Perform each set till failure (the point during a set when a muscle can no longer produce force to perform another rep without compromising form).
Instructions to perform Jeff Cavaliere Arms Workout:
- Ignition Set: 12 Reps (Challenging Reps), 15 seconds rest
- Effective Reps: Perform 20 reps in four to five sets with 15 seconds of rest in between. Use the weight that is challenging and allow your muscles to push hard for every rep. But at the same time, maintain proper form to put stress where it is needed.
Here are the biceps and triceps exercises (perform the following exercises in the order):
- EZ Biceps Curl
- Dumbbell JM Press
- Alternating Crossbody Hammer Curl
- Triceps Rope Pushdown
- Biceps Chinup (Ignition set) + Negative Chin Hold (Contracting your biceps muscles, pause at the top for as long as possible. Perform 10 effective reps)
- Weighted Upright Dips (After ignition set, perform 10 effective reps. Pause at the bottom and top for three to five seconds during each rep)
- Supplemental Exercises: Banded Biceps Curl and Banded Overhead Triceps Extension (perform one set of 20 reps)
Week 5 – Calum von Moger Old School Bodybuilding Arms Workout
Exercise 1 – Barbell Curl
- Two warm-up sets: 6-12 reps/set, take 30-60 seconds of rest between sets.
- Three working sets: 6-8 reps, 1-2 minutes of rest.
Exercise 2 – Preacher Curl
- Perform four sets of 6 to 12 reps with 1-2 minutes of rest in between.
- Shorten your grip in the last set to hit the outer head of the biceps.
- Increase the load as you move to the second, third, and fourth sets.
Exercise 3 – Bent-over Concentration Curl
- Perform four sets of 6 to 12 reps (each arm) with 1-2 minutes of rest in between.
- Focus on muscle contraction during each to get maximum results from this exercise.
Exercise 4 – EZ Barbell French Press
- Sets: 4, Reps: 6-12, Rest: 1-2 minute
Exercise 5 – Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension
- Sets: 4, Reps: 6-12, Rest: 1-2 minute
Exercise 6 – Triceps Bar Dips
- Perform four sets of as many reps as possible.
Week 6 – Kai Greene Arms Workout Plan
Kai Greene performs superset training to forge his biceps and triceps at the gym.
He performs 4 exercises for his biceps and 3 exercises for his triceps in three circuits.
Here’s how Kai Greene trains his arms to smoke his muscle gains.
Circuit 1 (Perform three sets of 10-20 reps)
- Both-arm Seated Hammer Curl
- Standing Overhead Cable Rope Extension
- Take one minute of rest, then move to the second circuit.
Circuit 2 (Shoot for three sets of 10-20 reps)
- Incline Dumbbell Biceps curl
- 60-degree Incline Barbell Skull Crusher
- Standing EZ-Bar Curl (wide/pronated grip)
- Rest for one minute, then perform the third and last rounds.
Circuit 3 (Perform three sets of 10-20 reps)
- Seated Dumbbell Curl (underhand or supinating grip)
- Triceps Rope Pushdown (supinated grip)
Week 7 – CBUM Arms Day Training
Chris Bumstead’s high-volume arms training includes as many as 10 exercises, five each for triceps and biceps.
Here is the CBum’s ultimate arms workout routine:
|Rope Pushdown||3-4||6-12||1-2 min|
|Seated Overhead DB Extensions||2-3||6-12||1-2 min|
|Incline Close Grip Bench Press||3-4||6-12||2-3 min|
|1-Arm Cable Pressdown (Supinating grip)||2-3||6-12||No Rest|
|Bar Dips||3-4||6-12||1-2 min|
|Alternating Dumbbell Curls||3-4||6-12||1-min|
|Preacher Curls||2-3||6-12||1-2 min|
|Spider Curls||2-3||6-12||1-2 min|
|Cable Curls||3-4||6-12||1-2 min|
|Reverse Grip EZ Bar Curls||3-4||6-12||1-2 min|
It will be a long and challenging session, but it will pump your biceps and triceps.
Week 8 – Mountain Dog Biceps and Triceps Workout
John Meadows, a.k.a Mountain Dog, used to perform superset to build strong, defined, and beefy arms.
He performs three exercises for each biceps and triceps.
Here’s one of the examples of his arms workout training:
Superset #1 (Perform three sets of 8 to 12 reps)
- Triceps Rope Pushdown
- EZ Bar Biceps Curls
Superset #2 (Four sets of 8 to 10 reps)
- Weighted Bench Dips
- Alternating Hammer Curls
- Preacher Curls: 4 x 6-8 reps
- 60-degree Incline Barbell Skull Crusher: 4 x 8-10
Week 9 – Abel Albonetti Arm Workout Plan
Abel also trains his biceps and triceps with a superset routine to gain decent mass. You can follow his training in the ninth week of this program.
Abel’s training approach is slightly different than the others. He splits his arms workout into two parts.
He starts his training by lifting heavy during the biceps and lighter during the triceps workouts, then he switches this pattern and lifts heavier on the triceps and lighter on the biceps in the second and last rounds.
Abel performs five supersets and one giant set to train his arms for strength and mass growth.
|1||Barbell Biceps Curl||Triceps Rope Pushdown||12, 10, 8, 8|
|2||EZ Bar Preacher Curl||Cable Overhead Extension||12, 10, 8, 8|
|3||Incline DB Curl||EZ Bar Skull Crusher||12, 10, 8, 8|
|4||Alternating Hammer Curl||DB Overhead Extension||12, 10, 8, 8|
|5||High Cable Curl||Triceps Cable Pushdown||12, 10, 8, 8|
Finisher Giant Sets or it can also be called Tri-set, where you perform three exercises in a row with little to no rest between them.
- Three sets of 12 reps
- Reverse Grip EZ Bar Curl
- Dumbbell Kickback
- Close Grip Pushups
Week 10 – Hunter Labrada Arm Workout
|Close Grip Bench Press (Warm-up)||1||12-15||60-sec|
|Close Grip Bench Press (Working sets)||4||12-15||60-sec|
|EZ Bar Skullcrusher||4||10-12||60-sec|
|Single-Arm Cable Push-Down||3||12-15||45-sec|
|Triceps Rope Push-Down||3||15-20||60-sec|
|Alternating Hammer Curls||4||10-12||60-sec|
|Alternating Palm Rotational Curls||4||10-12||60-sec|
Week 11 – Phil Heath Arm Day Workout Plan
|Triceps Rope Push-Down||3||12-15||60-sec|
|Incline Two-dumbbell Extension||3||12-15||60-sec|
|One-arm Cable Extension||3||10-12||60-sec|
|Alternating Dumbbell Curl||3||5/arm||60-sec|
Week 12 – Flex Lewis Arm Workout Program
|Triceps Rope Push-Down||3||10-12||1-min|
|Incline Dumbbell French Press||3||10-12||1-min|
|Lying Cable Curl||3||12-15||1-min|
Download Arms Workout Routine PDF
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it possible to achieve bigger arms in 12 weeks?
Three months may not be enough to build sturdy and sizeable arms. However, if you follow the above program for six months and consume nutritious foods and supplements, you’ll see decent growth in strength and mass.
I am a beginner. Can I follow this routine?
Yes, this routine is also suitable for beginners. If you’re a newbie, you can follow this routine to build bigger arms. And you can also make appropriate changes to this program to match your fitness level.
Can I train my arms twice a week?
You don’t need to train your arms twice a week. It is because your biceps and triceps already worked as secondary muscles during the back and chest workout. So, keeping one arm day into your muscle-building workout schedule would be enough to build bigger biceps and triceps.
Related Workout Programs: