Many believe that intermittent fasting is an effective way to lose weight. Is that true? If yes then, what will be the results if you do 16/8 intermittent fasting for 1 month?
Well, I have also completed 30 days of intermittent fasting. And I want to share my experience with you. For instance, what 16/8 intermittent fasting gives results in 1 month, how does it work, and the results you can expect to see in just one month.
Things that you’ll see in this article,
- What is Intermittent Fasting (IF)?
- Different Intermittent Fasting Patterns
- My 16 8 Intermittent Fasting Result Results in 1 Month
- Intermittent Fasting Benefits
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What Is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is a time-restricted fasting pattern in which you need to keep fast for a fixed amount of time and eating for a fixed period of time.
For example, if you’re following a 16:8 IF pattern, you need to keep sixteen hours gap between your first meal and the second meal.
It means if you’re eating your dinner at 8’o clock in the night, then your next meal will be on the next day at 12 noon (midday time). And between those hours you can sleep, drink light fruit juice and water but you must avoid food.
Intermittent Fasting Patterns
Intermittent fasting has different patterns that you can follow, such as 12/12, 14/10, 16/8, 15/9, and 18/6. These are just examples. The IF approach completely depends upon you and your lifestyle.
You can choose whatever pattern you like. For instance, if you’re choosing 12:12, that means you should eat food during a 12-hour window and completely avoid it for the remaining 12 hours.
You can follow this pattern between 7 pm to 7 am (Dinner at 7 in the evening and breakfast at 7 in the morning) or 8 am to 8 pm means breakfast at 8 in the morning and the next meal at 8 in the night/evening.
My Intermittent Fasting Experience
Here I’m going to share my own experience of how I feel and what changes occurred in me after 4 weeks of intermittent fasting.
Being a Muslim I have the advantage to follow the fast. As you all know, It is compulsory for every Muslim to keep fast for the 30 days in the month of the holy Ramadan to celebrate the first revelation of the holy book Quran to prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
What Pattern did I follow For 1 Month of Intermittent Fasting?
I fast every day from dawn to sunset in the month of Ramadan. It means I fast for approximately 15 to 16 hours between 3 am to 7 pm or 3:30 am to 6:30 pm. So I would say I follow the 15/9 or 16/8 approach.
It was completely restricted fast meaning. Meaning you can neither consume food nor drink water throughout the entire fasting period.
What did I Consume In The 30 Days Of Fasting Period?
I usually eat fruit, such as dates, watermelon, papaya, banana, guava, apples, pineapples, and some different fruits on different days as well as cucumber, tomato, carrots, onion, lemon, lettuce in the salad.
In fluids, I drink glucose water and some energy drink to keep myself hydrated and energetic after the fasting window.
I usually took my dinner at 10, in the month of fasting. And eat rice, vegetables, chicken, beans, eggs, cheese, and some different foods on different days.
In the Seher time which means before 3:30 in the late night, I eat oats, peanut butter, bread, eggs, milk, and banana depending on my mood and hunger.
I followed this diet according to my health and needs. But, the diet and time pattern depends on person to person.
Here’s My 1 Month Intermittent Fasting Result (2019)
First of all, you want to know, did I lose weight or not, right? So yes, I lost 3 kg (6.6 lbs) in 30 days of fasting. And without putting any effort.
I was 64 kg (141 lbs) at the beginning of the fasting month, and now I lost 3 kg which means my weight reduced to 61.
I did not even exercise during the fasting month. Each day, I was in a calorie deficit, and that’s the reason I lost weight.
So if your aim is weight loss, you should definitely adopt intermittent fasting as a habit.
Not only I lose weight but also feel fresh and active after the fast. However, sometimes I felt a bit lazy during the fasting window because if you don’t eat & drink anything not even a drop of water for the whole 15 hours, you’ll feel lazy and tired.
I would say intermittent fasting is good for people who want to lose weight but unsuitable for skinny guys. And to get the best possible result, one has to fully devote to fasting, meaning no cheating with diets, fasting, and exercise.
Quick Review- Intermittent Fasting Results 1 Month- My Experience
- I lost 3 kg without following a proper diet and with no intention to lose weight. I did not even try to work out which can make me lean.
- I didn’t suffer from fever, headache, or any other illness throughout the month.
- My digestive system was working better than normal days because fasting prevents constipation and other digestive problems.
- I was feeling more fresh and active after the fast that was helping me in my other works.
- It was all the benefits which I saw and felt but there were also some benefits according to the study which we can’t see but good for our health.
Proven Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting
1. Intermittent Fasting Promote Weight Loss
The first and most important benefit of IF is weight loss. And I mentioned above that I lost 3 kg in just 30 days without a proper diet and workout that means fasting works for fat loss.
IF can help you lose weight from 0.8% to 13.0% in one to 6 months, according to the 27 trials conducted by several institutes. These trials also suggested that Intermittent fasting may work well for the treatment of obesity.
How does 16/8 Intermittent fasting work to lose weight?
- Intermittent fasting decreases calorie consumption and allows your body to use already stored energy. For example, your body will use stored fat as energy during the activities.
- Fat generates from the food we eat and stored in our bodies. And If we keep fast, our body will use its own fat for energy.
- Studies suggest that IF can lower the level of ghrelin to reduces the feeling of hunger and help you lose weight.
- If you want to lose weight, you just need to increase the amount of time spent on burning food energy. That’s what intermittent fasting does for you.
Follow these common tips along with IF to lose weight effectively:
- IF won’t help you lose if you eat more calories than your body uses throughout the day.
- Include low calories foods that contain high protein in your calorie-restricted diet.
- Do high-intensity interval training at least three times a week (whenever you feel comfortable).
- To speed up weight loss, incorporate weight loss supplements and drinks.
2. Intermittent Fasting Lower Insulin And Sugar Level
When we eat, insulin (Harmon) store the energy of the food in our body, and the level of insulin increases. However, when we keep fast it happens in the opposite way. It means the insulin level decreases when during the fast. Hence, it prevents chronic diseases like diabetes.
Other Important Benefits
3. Intermittent Fasting may improve mental health and concentration level.
4. IF increases the level of energy that makes you feel active and fresh as well as allows you to spend extra time on the workout.
5. In some cases, it may also improve the growth of the Harmon.
6. Intermittent fasting improves digestive systems and it may prevent a problem like constipation and inflammation.
7. It may add some more years in your life, I mean possibly you can live longer if you regularly follow this.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Is Intermittent Fasting Difficult To Follow?
Intermittent fasting can be difficult as well as easy.
How difficult? Well, everything is difficult in the beginning so IF is. When you start, you’ll feel hungry because you have a habit of eating meals on time or at the gap of 3 to 4 hours.
But, once you get used to fasting, you’ll feel normal, and it will take one month to be normal.
Here’s what happened if you start IF in your daily lifestyle:
- The first couple of weeks will be difficult for you, but after that, you may be used to it.
- What you eat after the fast also matters because you just can’t eat anything you want. Consuming low-calorie high protein foods may help you lose weight more quickly.
- You need to focus on the four things for a better and faster result.
- Intermittent fasting>Proper diet>Workout>Rest
Anyways, it doesn’t matter how difficult or easy it is. If you are trying or want to lose weight faster, you need to incorporate intermittent fasting into your weight loss program.
2. Which Intermittent Fasting Pattern Do You Need To Follow?
16 8 intermittent fasting pattern is mostly followed across the world. Because It is effective, adaptable, and efficient. Timing can depend on your lifestyle.
Any Intermittent Fasting pattern that responds to your body is good for you.
Each fasting method is effective and has multiples health benefits, including weight loss.
If you are unable to decide which pattern you should go with, you can buy IF books that will guide you step to step; Or take advice from a physician, clinical nutritionist, or dietician to find the best intermittent fasting schedule that works best for you.
3. Is the intermittent fasting pattern different for males or females?
The fasting pattern may or may not be the same for males and males. Researches have shown that IF responds differently to men and women.
Here are the some of reasons why it’s different (based on research):
- Women see less to no improvement in insulin sensitivity and an increase in blood lipids compared to men- in a short duration of fasting.
- Metabolism works differently on men and women during the fast.
- In general, women eat less protein than men. And doing time-restricted fasting may cut protein intake for women.
4. How long does it take to see results from intermittent fasting on 16/8?
One month is a minimum duration to see the positive results. You may lose two to five percent of your body weight in 4 weeks if followed properly.
However, the result may differ from person to person depending on their gender, lifestyle, fasting approach, diet, and metabolism.
Weight loss is more about following the right technique consistently. If you’re trying to lose fat, you must take care of the following things other than time-restricted fasting.
- Eat fewer calories than your body uses during the entire day.
- Incorporate low-calorie foods into your diet.
- Do HIIT Workout consistently, three times a week at least.
- Hit the bed as early as possible and sleep 6 to 8 hours a day.
5. Who Should Avoid Intermittent Fasting
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Children under the age of 16
- Underweight people
- People, who are on medication
- And the one who has eating disorders like anorexia.
Intermittent fasting has a plethora of health benefits, such as weight loss, better heart health, maintaining insulin levels, and a healthier digestive system. So, incorporating it into your life may be effective for your health.
It may be difficult in the initial time. But once you get used to it, you’ll feel normal.
However, if you feel discomfort, it would be better to discontinue and consult your doctor.
I hope you got some ideas about how important Intermittent fasting is good for weight loss as well as for overall health. If you really want a healthy lifestyle, then you may try this.Help Us Grow On Social Media
- Top 10 Barbell Pull Exercises To Include In a PPL Workout - 5th October 2022
- The 8 Week Muscle Building Workout Plan with Free PDF - 3rd October 2022
- Top 5 Rear Delt Bodyweight Exercises - 1st October 2022