New to resistance bands or just looking for a new way to workout at home? Check out this easy-to-follow and effective 3 day resistance band workout routine.
This workout plan will help you improve your total-body strength, endurance, balance, and overall conditioning.
To perform this workout routine, all you need is a set of resistance bands and some space where you can move around freely while performing the exercises with ease.
Resistance bands are efficient for building strength and muscles as well as improving your balance and flexibility. A study has shown that training with elastic bands stimulates similar strength gains to conventional weight training in people of all ages.
|Program Duration||4 Weeks|
|Workout Goal||Develop Strength and Muscle|
|Frequency||3 Days a Week|
|Split/Routine Type||Full Boy|
|Targeted Gender||Men and Women|
|Suggested Next Plan||5 Day Resistance Band Workout|
Additional tips for using this workout plan effectively:
- Warm-up: Warm-up helps increase your heart rate and blood flow and prepares your body to perform resistance exercises effectively. You can do low-intense cardio exercises for five and ten minutes before you start the main training.
- Types of bands needed: Having bands with different tension levels allows you to perform various exercises effectively. For example, with the light band, you can do isolation exercises, such as biceps curls, front raises, flutter kicks, etc. And with heavy bands, you can do compound exercises, such as pushups, deadlifts, and squats.
- Recovery Days: You can take an alternate day off. Working out three days a week is good for a newbie to start with.
- Integration of additional exercises: You can also integrate dumbbell, bodyweight, and barbell exercises to add more variety to your workout routine.
- Substitute/Replace exercises: There are tons of workouts that you can do with resistance bands. So it’s best to perform different exercises on different training days. Doing that will not only provides good results but also make your workout program enjoyable.
Full Body 3 Day Resistance Band Workout Routine
- Monday – Workout
- Tuesday – OFF
- Wednesday – Workout
- Thursday – OFF
- Friday – Workout
- Saturday – OFF
- Sunday – OFF
|Resistance Band Squat||Quads||15 x 3||2-min|
|Resistance Band Floor Press||Chest||12 x 3||2-min|
|Banded Overhead Press||Shoulder||12 x 3||1-min|
|Overhead Tricep Extension||Triceps||10 x 3||1-min|
|Banded Hammer Curl||Triceps||10 x 3||1-min|
|Standing Oblique Crunch||Back||10 x 3||2-min|
|Resistance Band Deadlift||Posterior Chain||10 x 3||1-min|
|Banded Bent-over Row||Back||10 x 3||2-min|
|Banded Seated Rowing||Back||10 x 3||1-min|
|Banded Lateral Raises||Shoulder||10 x 3||1-min|
|Resistance Band Dead Bug||Core||10 x 3||1-min|
|Resistance Band Glute Kick||Glute and Ham||10 x 3||1-min|
|Curtsy Lunge to Squat||Legs||10 x 3||2-min|
|Banded Lat Pulldown||Back||10 x 3||2-min|
|Resistance Band Push-up||Chest||10 x 3||1-min|
|Resistance Band Rear Delt Fly||Traps & Delt||10 x 3||2-min|
|Banded Superman Pulldown||Back||10 x 3||1-min|
|Resistance Band Flutter Kicks||Core||10 x 3||1-min|
Download 3 Day a week Resistance Band Workout PDF
Resistance bands are cheap and suitable for beginners because you can do essentially any exercise that you would typically do with free weights. However, you need a good resistance band workout routine that can help you workout efficiently and improve your fitness level.
If you’re looking for a straightforward workout plan to help you develop your strength, muscle mass, and mobility, you can download this 3 day resistance band workout routine.
This program is great for you if you’re a beginner, as it will help scale your fitness to the next level and maximize your strength for weight training.
Once you complete this program for the desired period of time, you can increase your workout frequency or start lifting free weights if possible.